I have been blessed by the people I have served and the people I have served with. In ministry, in illness, in recovery from illness, in friendship and even in chance and brief encounters I have had joy kindled in my heart by gentleness, kindness, and respect. I have seen joy in the face of many in my cloud of witnesses. I pray that you have, too.
Today’s quote: You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of each other. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of one who gives and kindles joy in the heart of one who receives.
St. Seraphim of Sarov (1)
- be still
- let the cloud of witnesses envelop you
- find your witness or witnesses who lived/are living this truth
- give thanks for their presence in your life
- when ready, go with encouragement and renewed energy
- go and witness this truth in your own life
Explanation and purpose
Introduction to my occasional series A Great Cloud of Witnesses